Packing list for India; What is on the bag

I swear I did not start this post with "32" in mind, it just happened.

I made a list to make sure I would not forget the important things, and to my surprise, forgetting I was, i.e.: flashlight.

Out of all of them the classic one is "ear plugs", as people in Mysore seem to drive with their hands attached to the horn and they will blow it constantly. I have a feeling they get a secret pleasure out if, as if the sound would provide proof of existence: they make loud noises therefore they exist.  Not a bad way to protect the ego, I suppose, especially in a country where so many Gods are looking at you from every angle. Map photo from here.  Here is the list:

1. yoga books for inspiration
2.   mosquito repellent
3.   mosquito net
4.   amodium (for possible diharrea)
5.   nausea preventing pills
6.   probiotics
7.   yoga clothes
8.   yoga mat
9.   yoga mysore rug
10. yoga sprayer
11. little towels for practice
12. tea tree oil
13. passport, photocopies, extra photos
14. hydration pills
15. electricity plug converters
16. laptop with yoga sutras loaded to keep practicing
17. phone that hopefully will work there with new sim card
18. t-shirts
19. sandals and easy shoes
20. sun protector
21. swimming suit (in case)
22. ear plugs 
23. eye mask
24. my own face moisturiser
25. presents 
26. neti pot
27. my own pillow cover
28. Grapefruit oil to put in the water that will wash vegetables
29. flashlight
30. camera
31. umbrella
32. HB's t-shirt
    A while back I wrote a post on the possible dangers of traveling to South India, here are the 9 tips to travel safe.


    And here are some related posts:
    32 Unusual Benefits of Yoga
    32 Unusual things I look forward to doing next time I'm in India



    Follow me on Twitter or subscribe at: ClaudiaYoga.com
    StumbleUpon

    7 comments:

    1. so funny, when are you going to india ?
      i have almost same but different, no plugg converter, no oil or personnal pillow but painting and notesbooks for art journaling, balck chocolate very dark... and lots of french books!
      i love to pack!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great list! Have fun in India. How long will you be there? [Never-having-been-to-Mysore-Angst meter going wildly off the charts as I write this...]

      ReplyDelete
    3. Im so jealous! Can you use a sprayer for garbha in Mysore? It seems like everyone goes in Jan. I am hoping to get to India this year but I wouldnt be able to go until August or Sept. Is the shala open then? Have you gone at any other time of year besides Jan?

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Lila, thank you!

      Hi Nobel, yes I know, but you will be there soon, Im going for only a few weeks

      Laura, yes, everyone uses the sprayer, the shala has a few but i really need one for garba so... taking things into my own hands. I have never been there at other times of the year, and as per if they will be open, i dont know, we have to check their website...

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Claudia, the tea tree oil is what what exactly?
      thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi, why do you need tea tree oil?;)

      ReplyDelete
    7. What kind of yoga clothing do you wear to the shala as a woman? Does it need to cover the shoulders and ankles, like if you were walking around mysore, or could you wear a tank top to practice in and cover up when you leave? This will be my first time in India and Mysore and I'm wanting to be prepared and respect the culture.

      ReplyDelete

    Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Follow Me on Twitter