Dry Skin Brushing?

Do you dry-brush your skin?
I saw Kiki's video on dry brushing while I was completely sick, broken, on the floor, not able to move and so full of antibiotics I KNEW that my skin was totally blocked.  I was a mess.

A few weeks ago, and thanks to the magic of Dr H, the Chinese Doctor that saved me with herbs, I had enough mental energy to recognize one of those dry brushes at the health store, and got one, although now that I think about it, mine looks a bit harsher than this one.

Not only that but I had also started my practice, and although my recovery was slow, painfully slow, I began to sweat a little here and there, to open the pores. It felt good.

Ever since that visit to the health food store I have started using the brush daily and must tell you: the thing works!

Not only do I feel like the lotions (lately I am a fan of sesame oil plus some lotion on top), are getting into the skin and they stay there giving a lustrous shining to the biggest organ in my body, I also get to smell them on my skin the following morning, they stick around!

I sometimes feel a bit like a horse or a dog being brushed like this, it is very new to me, and the funny thing is that this makes me feel wild and connected to nature in a way I did not anticipate.

Love the new ritual.  And if you would like more on it, here is Kiki telling it from her perspective: (if you can't see the video go to ClaudiaYoga.com)



Follow me on Twitter or subscribe at: ClaudiaYoga.com
StumbleUpon

7 comments:

  1. Love love love Ms. Kimberly Flynn, thanks for introducing me to her video wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, she has some great videos! :-) glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love dry skin brushing...have been a fan for years. dry skin brush 1st, then take hot bath or shower, then oil...........aaahh, heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Jaya, seems I was the only one who did not know!!! I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting, Claudia. Look forward to giving it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder, Claudia. I need to get my brushes out again:))
    My skin is so dry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ari, have a feeling you may like it...

    Aimee, isn't it funny? I had seen those brushes all over the healthfood stores and never knew what they were for, really handy for the winter dryness too... glad you were reminded!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments can no longer be accepted (I was getting enormous amounts of spam)... But I hope you guys still continue to share your views, I welcome the conversation

Follow Me on Twitter