Saraswathi's Shala, And How To Get There

I have been curious to learn about Saraswathi's shala and today was the day to find out.  James registered!

He is excited to join practice here at the source again, and don't worry he already knows he is not allowed to say -yet again- that he has been humiliated by yoga... he will have to come up with something different this time!

Saraswathi is teaching from 4:30 AM until around 9 AM at her own studio and then heads to the main shala to help Sharath with the endless line of students from all over the world.  Her shala is doing well.  James got a 6:30 AM starting time.

The KPJ website just announced that they will re-open this year in July and that the maximum staying time will be 3 months from now on. I understand, they are very full right now with starting times of up to 10:30 (compared to last year's latest of what? 8, 8:30AM? -for Sharath students-).

I am not sure how things will develop and if this split of shalas will continue or not, but just in case I thought I would add a photo direction of how to get to Saraswathi's place, following James along the walk.  Good for the visually oriented?

The actuall address is: #55 3rd Cross, 3rd Stage, Gokulam, but if you've been around here you know that finding addresses is not exactly tadasana...  So here is a picture coming out of the main shala, going right to the corner then turning left (as if you were going towards Santosha)

As if going towards Santosha (away from the main road)
Stay on that street when you come to the Mysore Lyon School
Continue alongside the school which will be on your left 
All the way to the end of this street 
At the end of that street you will see this colorful house, turn right
You will see this, continue to the end of this road
At the end of that road there is this house (now in constrction)
Make a left
Continue on this road...
Follow James pass the pink house 
Even more
That is the sign of where to turn right
Turning right you will almost see Saraswathi's place
There it is !










Follow me on Twitter or subscribe at: ClaudiaYoga.com
StumbleUpon

9 comments:

  1. Nice post, Claudia. Thanks for the info. There's something I would like to ask you about. The KPJAYI website says that the shala will reopen on July 1st. When it does, will both Sharath and Saraswati be teaching, or is it Saraswati only? I'm asking because I remember that last year, Sharath wasn't teaching after April. Do you know anything? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos, I hope to get to Mysore one day when the children are a little older or better behaved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Claudia, I wondered where she went off to every morning, it's quite a walk, so is she near Tina's house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nobel, wish I knew the answer to that... I think they usually come out and say very specifically when Sharath will start teaching and when will Saraswathi, but for now it is pretty vague as you probably saw in the page. I dont know...

    thanks Flutter, children grow up fast! :-)

    Welcome Kevin, yes I think is near Tina's house, going in that direction, through the little streets... From the shala is about 10 minutes, and whenever Prakesh has to show a new student he takes them on the scooter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures, they are hilarious too. This reminds me of my native Venezuela, when you give an address people usually ask for a reference point, most people say something like: "Es la casa con la palmera" haha! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Priscilla, and yes I remember well, lived in Caracas for 3 years, la casa con la palmera sounds familiar, I think I lived on that one! hee hee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy you travel, I can travel too.

    thank you, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lived in Caracas? Interesting, I want to see Argentina so bad. En la casa con la palmera uh? funny Claudia. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Follow Me on Twitter