SUNDAY YOGA BLOG TIMES: WHEN SIVANANDA MET PATTABHI JOIS

It has been 3 years since Guruji's passing, and did you know that Swami Sivananda once visited Mysore and Jois went to talk to him... See Eddie's post for the whole scoop, cool reading, and amazing 70's/80's pictures.
picture from AYNY.ORG - Manju and Pattabhi Jois, circa 1970's
Govinda Kai: "Yoga chose me". "What is yoga? For me it is hard to describe it is the essence of life itself, that place which is the source of everything that is good in life"  More here.

And Grimmly continues the yogi archaeological discoveries, more on the YogaAsanaGalu (from Krishnamacharya) this time on pranayama, and a book from way back early in the last century on Surya Namaskar?  oh the wonders never cease!  - I am living vicariously through his blog explorations!

An excellent all-around look at Laghu Vajrasana, and yes, I am biased as it is the pose I am working on currently, but check out the four angles from which Nobel approaches the pose. Art.

10 Life Changing Decisions We Make Without Thinking

What pill will you take?
Mark Zuckerberg  (Facebook creator) marries his long time girlfriend, Priscilla. Good for them!

Are you on Pinterest? What do you make of it? I am just getting started and have two boards on it, what is it I need to understand about it?  What do you use it for?

The New York Times turning yoga into art today

VIDEO OF THE WEEK

Forgive me for the indulgence but since it is all about Laghu Vajrasana this week, here is Kino giving some very important pointers on the pose, enjoy! and thank you Kino!

LAST SUNDAY YOGA BLOG TIMES: I WILL NOT ACCEPT A WOMAN IN MY CLASS

Follow me on Twitter or subscribe at: ClaudiaYoga.com
StumbleUpon

3 comments:

  1. Okay, since you asked about Pinterest, here are my two cents. I enjoy it tremendously when it is used as a vision board/ dream collage/ archive for visual and inspirational info that you chance upon and want to organize to keep. It is a downer for me when it is used in any promotional form. If the pin is beautiful, unique, and speaks to my interests, I will notice it. I also feel let down when I have seen it already on the FB, page. the twitter feed, and the blog! These are just my idiosyncrasies and not the gospel according to Pinterest! Thanks for the rant space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is fine, I am trying to figure it out so is good to hear other people's perspectives.  I have seen some beautiful things too... very nice pictures! - And as per the integration with Facebok/Twitter etc... guess is the shape of things to come....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! I have started practicing yoga few months before and I can feel that something has changed in me.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments can no longer be accepted (I was getting enormous amounts of spam)... But I hope you guys still continue to share your views, I welcome the conversation

Follow Me on Twitter